This week marks the six months since I acquired the new infrared heat electric roaster. In that time I have certainly had many learning curves, and more downs than ups! It was a real challenge for me to get used to the difference from home roasting to such a larger scale (even though its a 1kg roaster). In this six month time frame I decided to really experiment with different beans at all types of different temps, different airflow adjustments, and even different drum speeds. The past couple of months my roasting has been making leaps and bounds from where it began but still I had always felt like there was something missing from the cup. I felt like the cup was almost there and yet it always felt like I was missing a piece of the puzzle that I just couldn't figure out. I was reading articles and articles about different ways to roast and all of these suggestions just couldn't help with my situation. I came to the realization that the way I have been roasting with a fast and sweet approach was getting me ok results so it dawned on me one day about maybe a slower steadier approach may work. Well this weekend I tried this approach and it paid off! everything I have been looking for in my cup has now been found and I am really excited with where my roasts are going. Its amazing with all the knowledge you need to be able to make an incredible cup!